Wave Bubble 2010

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
TheFallen

Re: Wave Bubble 2010

Post by TheFallen »

Try messaging CheBuzz or aqisnotaliquid, don't bother posting in those threads. It's far faster and stop cluttering up this forum with "I Can Haz JAMMER?"

RoYaLpiNe

Post by RoYaLpiNe »

hey everyone.

i want to ask u about this new wave bubble 2010.
1. so the new wave bubble just use 2 pcb??
2. how can i test it ? use the old assembly tutor?

sorry for my bad english.
thx in advance.

Mictronics

Post by Mictronics »

1. Yes, just two PCB.
2. The old tutorial can be used as a basic guide. A test firmware already exists. so you can test the basic functions of the hardware more or less easy.

erich81

Post by erich81 »

Dumb question, I'm sure, but are all the vias in the two top parts of the main board ground vias? I ported the boards into Eagle, and after importing they didn't conect to anything. If I send the board out the way it is, I won't have the two large copper masked areas as seen in the main images, so I added two ground poly's (front and back), but am i correct in assuming these are ground planes, and if they are then should all those extra Vias be connected to ground on both sites?

Heres what I have, with all the unconnected vias:

Sample board in wiki:

Mictronics

Post by Mictronics »

Yes all vias which are not explicit connected to a trace are ground vias.

erich81

Post by erich81 »

Since nobody else panelized these, and it looks like nobody has offered to put together an order, I might be willing to do it if enough people are interested and commit to buying. Attached is the panelized boards, side by side. If someone would like to look at them to make sure they are good, go for it. I am planning on placing my order through PCBCart, as they are the cheapest I can find. I tried to run these through the DRC Bot over at BatchPCB, but they fail since the via holes are .2 mm smaller than the minimum size they support (although their board maker supports down to 0.15...i don't quite get it

Anyway the way I'm thinking about ordering them is as follows:

Price breakdown is as follows:

Setup fee plus costs for 20 panelized board:

the last time I ordered boards from PCBCart, it was about 20$ shipped FedEx priority, which arrived really fast. For 20 boards it would be about 10$ per board shipped, figuring around 20$ tacked on for shipping. Add to that shipping to each person, depending on location 5-15$ maybe, unless you're international, I'd have to see. I'm going to probably order these soon, after I try to double and triple check the BRD layout. These were made by running the Target 3001 viewer, exporting to Eagle 5.x format, then opening in eagle. The USB IC and another IC did not populate correctly, I had to fix those, but other than fixing those two IC's everything looks like it converted correctly. I would probably encourage others to look at the attached Eagle file before saying your interested. I'm planning on ordering within the next month or so.

If anyone is interested, I'd need money paypal'd in advance, I'd be happy to provide a typed up contract/receipt guaranteeing delivery upon board receipt for anyone that is interested. Btw, Green masked boards are about 20$ cheaper for an order of 20, so around 1 $ off. HASL takes off another 30-50 cents per board, but from what I read, HASL is not so good for fine pitch parts.
Attachments
WaveBubbleBoard2 -panelized.zip
panelized version
(44.27 KiB) Downloaded 396 times

RoYaLpiNe

Post by RoYaLpiNe »

hey eric,

is your attachment perfectly correct? coz i want to order pcb in my country use your attachment.

thx

erich81

Post by erich81 »

RoYaLpiNe wrote:hey eric,

is your attachment perfectly correct? coz i want to order pcb in my country use your attachment.

thx
My Boards are exports from Mictronics original posts. I cannot vouche for the accuracy of Target Viewer 3001's export capabilities, or how well it imported into eagle. There were two IC's that did not place correctly during the conversion, I fixed those, but I have not yet gone over the entire set to make sure they match the original schematics yet. I am not going to order mine until I run a better check against original schematics, but from my first checks they look to be correct. I cannot take responsibility though if they do not work. If you want to wait till I order a set and test I will be glad to let you know if they work 100% or not.

Edit:

the pads for the USB on the main power board overlap signal wires. IF you use the design I posted, please replace the USB connector with another one, preferably from the SparkFun Eagle library, and then delete the green "holes" around the 4 corners. I'll post updated brd files soon. Also, I'm working to try and make them both BatchPCB compliant, which involves moving a few things around to make larger drill holes, since the smallest they can do is 0.33-0.5mm

RoYaLpiNe

Post by RoYaLpiNe »

so, can someone convert it into exactly perfect eagle board ?

erich81

Post by erich81 »

I've modified the board layouts for BatchPCB's standards, both designs passed their DRC bot after a number of tweaks to sizes, drill holes, etc. I'll run off one set to see if they jive, and will report back in a 30+ days (takes a long time to get batchpcb orders) if they work or not. I'm running a BatchPCB order first, as I can order 1 of each board for a low cost (17.982 USD/ board) without having to spend a ton on tooling costs or international shipping from china. If they test out fine, I'll send them out to a plant in China if others might be interested.

Attached are the Gerbers and eagle boards.

I take no credit for the designs, nor do I make any claims that these designs work yet. As stated previously, these were exported from Target Viewer 3001! and then tweaked to meet BatchPCB's standards. They should be electrically the same as the original design. The previous errors were fixed as well.
Attachments
WaveBubble2010-boards.zip
Signal and Power Board - eagle files.
(52.4 KiB) Downloaded 390 times
wavebubble-powerboard.zip
The USB/powerboard gerbers
(9.35 KiB) Downloaded 311 times
wavebubblesignalfinal.zip
Main signal board gerber files.
(89.62 KiB) Downloaded 347 times

RoYaLpiNe

Post by RoYaLpiNe »

hello everyone,

i want to ask about wavebubble, can wave bubble jamming in range 900-1800 simultaneously??
or we must set it only one band by one band?

thx in advance.

wing23

Post by wing23 »

hello :)

I'm also interested in the wave bubble.
I downloaded the old project files and had problems with eagle. there were some errors.

now I found this project update and I'm quite happy that people are still working on it. I want to build this project myself :)

It's a little hard to get some parts though, it seems the VCOs and the BANNED-84 are only available via microcircuits
being in europe that means customs and a few other troubles ^^

anyway, I'll wait until this project gets a release but I have a question/request:
I think it was Mictronics who wrote, that it's possible to attach a nokio LCD to the wavebubble.
Would it be possible to also release a version (circuits, firmware) of the new wave bubble with this display? it wouldn't be too bad to display the current program on it and such
at least I would go and make this version, if it would be available :)

thanks for your work! :)

erich81

Post by erich81 »

wing23 wrote:hello :)

I'm also interested in the wave bubble.
I downloaded the old project files and had problems with eagle. there were some errors.

now I found this project update and I'm quite happy that people are still working on it. I want to build this project myself :)

It's a little hard to get some parts though, it seems the VCOs and the BANNED-84 are only available via microcircuits
being in europe that means customs and a few other troubles ^^

anyway, I'll wait until this project gets a release but I have a question/request:
I think it was Mictronics who wrote, that it's possible to attach a nokio LCD to the wavebubble.
Would it be possible to also release a version (circuits, firmware) of the new wave bubble with this display? it wouldn't be too bad to display the current program on it and such
at least I would go and make this version, if it would be available :)

thanks for your work! :)
I looked at LCD projects elsewhere, and you couldn't just use the firmware as is to drive the LCD. You would need to add code in to send text to the LCD.

wing23

Post by wing23 »

yeah of course
that's why I wrote the line about another version (circuits, firmware) of the new wave bubble :)

RoYaLpiNe

Post by RoYaLpiNe »

hey all,

is wave bubble 2010 not release yet?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”