Failing 3.3v Test!

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ItalianPride

Failing 3.3v Test!

Post by ItalianPride »

My friend and I are both getting the 5V with the recommended tests but are failing to pass the 3.3V test. I am not getting anything while he is getting a slowly increasing voltage that hovers around 1.6-2.0 volts. Do you have any suggestions. We looked through the posts on other forms without much success.

We checked the boards multiple times and we have the exact same parts in the same spots. And also any suggestions assuming the soldering joints are fine and there are no solder bridges.

Thanks!

ItalianPride

Re: Failing 3.3v Test!

Post by ItalianPride »

Does anyone have any suggestions at all? We don't want to order the VCO's until the problem is solved. Thanks!!

Khanzerbero

Re: Failing 3.3v Test!

Post by Khanzerbero »

have you tried changing the parts? maybe you got defective parts in my country it is not uncommon to get defective chips some even rewrite the package of an inexpensive ic to some more expensive one an sell the them as such. but you shouldn worry.

"The 3.3V LDO powers the microcontroller, the waveform generator and the digital potentiometers. If the 5V supply is actually 5V (and not 6 or 7V) then the chip can be left out and 5V jumpered to the 3.3V. However, the 3.3V will be a little cleaner which may be desirable and all things being equal, it should probably be left in. A TI chip (the 27333 is used), but there are many other SOT23-5 pin compatible chips.

The 2.5V supply is for powering the PLL, which requires a <3V supply, if the PLL is not installed, dont install this supply."

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”