Wifi only jammer

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
scubajosh

Wifi only jammer

Post by scubajosh »

Is it illegal to Jam only wifi I see a device for sale at jammer store that claims to only jam wifi and blue-tooth. If so how do I build the wave bubble to do only wifi and not all the rest. Is the device there a scam or something?

richms

Re: Wifi only jammer

Post by richms »

It might have a different sweep pattern across the band to make it more disruptive to wifi and not bluetooth. I know that my 2.4ghz digital cordless phone does a lot of interference to wifi but bluetooth is largly uneffected by it.

Maybe not a scam, but if you are expecting a simple jammer to totally wipe out wifi while leaving everything else unaffected, you will be disappointed. There may be other things at play like spoofed disassociations and sending out other random frames to get break wifi at the protocol level, not the RF layer but I think that is expecting a bit much for off the shelf hardware to jam.

cornz

Re: Wifi only jammer

Post by cornz »

scubajosh wrote:Is it illegal to Jam only wifi I see a device for sale at jammer store that claims to only jam wifi and blue-tooth. If so how do I build the wave bubble to do only wifi and not all the rest. Is the device there a scam or something?
The wave bubble (as i understand) is a programmable RF generator so you canprogram it to "jam" ANY frequency within its limits.
You wouldnt modify a wave bubble, you just build one and program the frequency you wat to disrupt into it and thats it..

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”