Wave Bubble 2010 Board Orders

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
strongbad

Re: Wave Bubble 2010 Board Orders

Post by strongbad »

Are these pcb's still available? I would like to buy a set please.

aqisnotliquid

Post by aqisnotliquid »

I'm out of town yet again (business has me travelling about once a month, if not more...) so I can't exactly look at the boards right now, nor can I ship any out. Sorry if this causes anyone an inconvenience, but I'll be back on the 18th most likely and I expect to be ready to help answer questions and solve problems.

Not trying to leave you guys hanging, don't worry.

lcstyle

D1 D2 and D3 CloseUp Images.

Post by lcstyle »

High Resolution Close up Shots of D1, D2, D3 on my board.

Only D1 Apparently shows a problem, please let me know if you see any problems with d2 or d3.

Also let me know if you need close up pictures of anything else, I'd be glad to take them and post them.

Click on Pic for Full Size.

Pics taken with a DinoLite AD413T

lcstyle

Post by lcstyle »

Upon inspection all 3 were shorted for me as well, D1, D2 and D3

D1 Bottom Pad, Bottom Right corner
D2 Right Pad, Left Lower Corner
D3 Bottom Pad, Upper Left Corner

lcstyle

D1 D2 D3 after short repair

Post by lcstyle »

lcstyle

Post by lcstyle »

aqisnotliquid wrote:I'm not sure how I overlooked this before, but apparently there was an issue with the board printing where the gerbers were interpreted to have the traces running through a few components and shorting them.
I started putting the main board together, 3.3V supply checked out fine, went to build the other supplies but accidentally ripped a leg off the 5v ic so i need to replace that. I wanted to warn everyone though that BatchPCB does not appear to be capable of making these boards. I got to putting the 12 and 24v chips on, and went to test. Pins 1/2/8 on the 12v regulator show as shorted on my multimeter. I did some checking, and so far the bottom pin of D3 (the diode next to the IC) was shorted to one of the traces (even though there was plenty of space in the board layouts. I fixed it by cutting the side of the diode pad, however the traces still short out (1/3/8 should be shorted, however 1/2/3/8 should NOT be touching) I have spent roughly the last 4 hours trying to troubleshoot why this is occurring, and believe there may be more over-pours or messed up traces on the board. It would appear that even though the limits fall within their posted limits, that the fab house cannot accurately print these.
According to the gerbers, there appear to be shorts on D1, D2, and D3. Hopefully this clears up any issues with shorts on the battery board.

As far as I am aware there is no D2 and D3 on the battery board. There is only D1 and on my boards it is not shorted.

aqisnotliquid

Post by aqisnotliquid »

Thanks for posting this. And I did mean the main board. I don't know why I said battery board, but at least it's cleared up.

Also, I'm back in town. Any of the pending orders I had are going to be shipped out today. I still have 16 sets on hand that are still available.

ultrasport06

Post by ultrasport06 »

sent you a pm for an order

Thanks for the help

lcstyle

Post by lcstyle »

These boards are generally usable as long as you take care of the minor shorts on D1 D2 and D3 and are advised that the pads for r43 are missing.

http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.ph ... 44#p116339

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”