School Project

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
RomanVL

School Project

Post by RomanVL »

Guys, just a really simple qeustion.
Do you think it is possible to build the Wave Bubble for my thesis, and write 50 pages about it.
The writing part can include the schema's, the how-to-make, how radiofrequency work in general, ....
As I'm 17, it's already going to be hard to build, I only have 4 hours electronics a week....

BANNED

lightningserpent

Re: School Project

Post by lightningserpent »

Lady Ada did her thesis on the Wave Bubble. All pages including: pictures, code, and bibliography; it is 67 pages long: http://www.ladyada.net/media/pub/thesis.pdf

I don't think age will be as much of a limiting factor as competency and comprehension. The ability to locate parts, including the boards, can be difficult but not impossible, but it is still a factor to consider. Time will also be a consideration, you can expect to spent a significant amount of time researching, troubleshooting problems, and tracking down the various sources of information. It is possible to spend a large amount of time simply trying to find what you are looking for and looking stuff up. You will not find connect-the-dots instructions on how to assemble a wave bubble. When something goes wrong you will have to troubleshoot it and determine why/where it is wrong. One final consideration is the BANNED of the Wave Bubble where you live. Possession, creation, etc may not be legal.

There is a lot of information on the forums here, but a really good place to start is the "Useful Links" post by lcstyle: http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.ph ... ne#p117072

Build diaries are also a good place to see what you would be getting into:
My build diary for the RC1A-Modified for 5v VCOs: http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=30621
Spacedoggy's build diary for the WB2010: http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22232
ExtraTitanin's build diary: http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.ph ... ld#p205733
There are other build thread/diaries, but the pics are down so I wont link them.
Last edited by lightningserpent on Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RomanVL

Post by RomanVL »

Okay Thank you!
I have a full year to build it, and I have a master in electronics who's supporting me whenever I want.
So I think I'm going to build one :) It's gonna be a challenge but that's cool
It's illegal to build it here in Belgium, but that's not a problem, I can fix that!
I think with the information on ladyada.net and this forum it has to be possible to build for me!

But, I still doubt between building an electric bike and building the Wave bubble.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Build the bike. At least you won't have to worry about ending up in jail and your instructor may not accept a project that is illegal to build for credit.

sajrohan

Post by sajrohan »

I guess i was right when i figured that she had taken a lot of information down... somewhere i have those detailed assembly instructions you were talking about... originally she had ALL the stuff up... complete list of components, how to assemble, how to modify it in certain ways to change what it did a little. including common problems people ran into... had the entire folder and the pcbs in a box in my office in the closet for years... if you want a pcb i've got some, but i'd have to try to find that folder with all the info in it.

Depending on your knowledge of electronics, the programming for it would be pretty simple to write if you didn't have the original... it's simply a saw wave that changes frequency and sweeps through the range saved in the memory. programmed via serial connection. if i remember correctly it's two sets of frequency ranges programmed as xxxx-xxxx and then xxxx-xxxx but it's been a long time.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”