2 out of 3 boards OK, having trouble with 3rd.
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

2 out of 3 boards OK, having trouble with 3rd.

by mattrey on Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:41 pm

During the hard reset sequence, the non-battery side sequences properly, but on the battery side, LEDs 2-6 are dark, and the rest stay on indefinitely. When I wave the magnet over the sensor, the non-battery side animates correctly, and LEDs 2-6 on the battery side animate correctly, but the rest stay on. The first stay-on LED traces to the first pin on IC5, so I'm worried that I torched it when I soldered it in. The latch and the LED's are in the proper orientation, AFAIK, and the solder joints look pretty good. I used lead-free solder and 440C temp, and I didn't have a heatsink...

I rode with 2 boards last night, and the wonderful side effect of this product is that drivers SLOW DOWN when they pass. Worth its weight in solid gold.

Thanks in Advance.
I am no-one of importance, nor do I delude myself of being so.
mattrey

by adafruit on Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:08 pm

sounds like that 595 latch IC5 got toasted, or is in backwards, or isnt soldered in well. You may want to replace it!

adafruit

by mattrey on Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:26 pm

It's definitely in the right orientation, it's most likely that I toasted it because I was so excited to get the boards up and running on the bike. How do I order a new latch?

-- Matt
I am no-one of importance, nor do I delude myself of being so.
mattrey

by adafruit on Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:52 pm

i think mouser is probably the best place to get just one or two since theres no minimums
http://ladyada.net/make/spokepov/makespokepov.html

adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.