Due to high demand expect some shipping delays at this time, orders may not ship for 1-2 business days.

Laser engraver: taking the low road
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Re: Laser engraver: taking the low road

by triumphlaser on Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:35 am

alec01 wrote:I am new here, I just got a Chinese Triumph 50.30 machine,
when I try to do engrave
I have problem with "not enough extend space please esc"
after that no matter what I try, just cut a word,
it happen again, try email Triumph Laser,
no reply, some one here may able to help here
I thinking to replace a new DSP controller
any one can help is appreciated

Unhappy Triumph Laser customer

Hi,I'm sorry that I just saw your trouble,Please tell me which email address have you send?
We will deal with this thing. I am gavin from triumphlaser, If you have any problem,I'll be glad to help you.
My skype ID is triumph-service

triumphlaser

by triumphlaser on Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:40 am

Dead_Triumph_Laser wrote:A while back I posted on the subject of my malfunctioning Triumph laser.

This is an update and a message for alec01 who seems to be suffering the same problem.

Triumph kept insisting that the "parameters" were set incorrectly - what they failed to point out is that the "parameters" which we loaded onto the machine from the manufacturer's option dropdown menu (and which they kept sending us) were NOT the only "parameters".

If you look under the "Settings" tab on the interface (above the download button in phCAD) and read those "parameters" then you might get somewhere. This was a "lost in translation" fault, and to be fair to Triumph they at least can converse in English vs. my nil in Mandarin. A small hazard of buying outside your language competencies.

Anyway if alec01 is following this thread then the settings you need are (or at least the settings culled from our machine are)

Work Paramaters
Space Speed - 400.00
Space Acc - 2400.00
Start Speed - 10.00
Min_Acc - 25.00
Cut_Acc - 2400.00
Engrave_Acc - 8000.00

ControlPanel Parameters
RunBox_Speed - 150.00
ClipBox_Speed - 80.00
Cut Mode - SoftLocation
Laser Mode - Auto
Push_Move - No

Other Parameters
Speed Mode - precision_cut
Reset Speed - 50.00
Broken delay(ms) - 2000
Focal Length(mm) - 0.00
Focal Multiple - 5000

Hope this helps on your problem.

Anybody else wondering about Triumph's lasers - overall I have no complaints about the machine - yes the table is operated by a single screw and no it doesn't have rulers - but please remember it isn't rocket science to compensate for this, and compared to the similar sized European/American machines its' price differential makes it a no-brainer. Someone else commented on the water cooling - not been a problem here, and if you have concerns then just run the box using an RCD fuse.

The software is perhaps my biggest gripe - it works but if you plan to do anything other than basic engraving, shapes and text do not for one minute think that running this without a copy of CorelDraw will be possible.

We do all our work in Corel (and save it here as well) before pushing it over to the phCAD driver software (our copy seems to be a bit buggy on the saving front so we also keep a paper log of the run speed and power settings for each job/material type just in case).

The software (or at least our copy) will not import all the file formats specified (well Adobe Illustrator is out for us anyway - which given that was what we are using was a pain). We have found that it is best to stick to jpeg/gif imports only and anything else run through Corel.

Sorry, we late reply 。
As you know, every company has the most difficult period , that time our company has some problems in our aftermarket ,We apologize for our mistakes sincerely 。
Now ,We employ a large number of professional and technical personnel ,We have also improved our machines., now ,every model is stable ,we also make lots of video , to solve the problem our customers will have . now , we have two professional after sales ,Gavin and David , they will be anytime to help our customer , here is their email and skype : service@triumphlaser.com / support@triumphlaser.com Skype :Triumph-service / support@triumphlaser.com .we will do everything we can to solve the problem . if you have some problem with the machine in the future , we will do our best to serve you .
At last , thanks for your advice to other customers , really , it promote our growth , you helped us to improve our company ,sincerely wish you a happy life, all the best.

triumphlaser

by RicKc4wbe on Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:12 pm

We've been using an Epilog Legend TT24 40Watt for several years.
Fast and accurate. Solidly made and easy to maintain, clean and lube.
I've replaced servo's, laser, and lenses over time under daily use.
Be sure to use an adequate blower. We vent to a blower mounted outdoors.
It should be able to solidly hold an 8x11 page up against the front grill.
We added an indoor/outdoor thermometer probe into the heatsink.
Usually limiting power settings to 1/2 (20W) keeps the temps down.
We don't let it exceed 100 degrees F.
I imagine any laser system will benefit from careful temperature control.
--Rick
RicKc4wbe

by Triumphsupport on Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:39 pm

triumphlaser wrote:
alec01 wrote:I am new here, I just got a Chinese Triumph 50.30 machine,
when I try to do engrave
I have problem with "not enough extend space please esc"
after that no matter what I try, just cut a word,
it happen again, try email Triumph Laser,
no reply, some one here may able to help here
I thinking to replace a new DSP controller
any one can help is appreciated

Unhappy Triumph Laser customer

Hi,I'm sorry that I just saw your trouble,Please tell me which email address have you send?
We will deal with this thing. I am gavin from triumphlaser, If you have any problem,I'll be glad to help you.
My skype ID is triumph-service

Hi , Triumphlaser support here.
PLease move the laser head to right about 5-20cm from 0/0(XY position). this is according to your picture you want to engrave . BECAUSE : Inertia ,the speed of your setting must be very quickly , so the laser head need Buffer distance , So , please move the laser head to right about 5-20mm , then press "origin"
If you have further question , please contact us :
support@triumphlaser.com

Triumphsupport

by santoshym on Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:07 pm

You can try my laser. We can start off small.

santoshym

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.