Cross Laser Diode - 5mW 650nm Red - ID: 1058

Share your information, hints and discuss Laser cutters/engravers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
penguin

Cross Laser Diode - 5mW 650nm Red - ID: 1058

Post by penguin »

Will this laser work at a distance of approximately 1 meter from a the object I am trying to measure/sight in.. I am trying to find a cross hair laser that will alow me to have a full line from the top of the front whenn to the top of the rear whenn on a road bicycle, plus be able to have the crosshair(vetical line) be able to extend from the crank when parallel to the down tube up and through the center line of the seat. Also must be visible in a room that has regular lighting(not too bright)
What is the maximum distance this laser will project without too much distortion of thickening of the line?

adafruit

Re: Cross Laser Diode - 5mW 650nm Red - ID: 1058

Post by adafruit »

1 meter away ought to be fine, but for your project you really do need to do testing with the laser - there's a lot of qualifiers like "regular lighting" and "not too much distortion" that are going to be subject to your opinion ;)

penguin

Re: Cross Laser Diode - 5mW 650nm Red - ID: 1058

Post by penguin »

Roger that. By regular lighting I meant in a room with normal lighting, say your house lights. Distortion I meant I wouldn't like the line to get to "thick". I can always go my the middle of the line, just tryingto get as sharp as I can with the given distance. I do have the ability to use the laser "up close" when I am aligning the cross hairs with the frame and seat post on the bike. Thanks for your help.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Laser”