There is no USPS pickup on Monday Feb 15th, 2016 because of President's Day. USPS orders placed after 11am EST Fri February 12th will go out Tuesday February 16. UPS orders will ship as normal.

Moleskine Engraving Settings
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

welcome to lasers.

by LaserGregg on Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:25 am

I've always asked..... What is it made out of?
it was the first thing I mentioned when this subject came up.
LaserGregg

by AK Chris on Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:56 pm

Since they are described as an oil-cloth covered notebook and I got next to zero odor when engraving them, I assumed they were okay. You know what they say when you assume......
AK Chris

Re: Moleskine Engraving Settings

by TechTatts on Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:48 am

The following warning is from the people (person?) behind Engrave Your Tech in Portland. My husband fact checked it for us after I showed it to him and we are choosing not to laser Moleskines anymore.

Jen

:(

http://www.engraveyourtech.com/

Engraved Moleskine Update!

08.25.08 | Categories: moleskine.

WARNING : DO NOT LASER ENGRAVE MOLESKINES WITHOUT THE PROPER FILTRATION SYSTEM. BURNING THEM CREATES HIGHLY TOXIC GASES INCLUDING PHOSGENE AND CHLORINE GAS. THE HYDROCHLORIC ACID PRODUCED WILL CORRODE EVERYTHING IT CONTACTS.

Unfortunately, I am no longer engraving directly onto Moleskine notebooks because the cover material (PVC) is dangerous to engrave. Although the final product is safe, burning PVC with a laser off-gasses toxic gases such as chlorine and phosgene gas : (
I’ll be offering a far superior, reusable, safe and natural alternative in late September mid-November. I’d like to thank everyone for their support! Your patience will be rewarded. Feel free to enter your email address to receive updates.
TechTatts

Re: Moleskine Engraving Settings

by AReeves on Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:29 pm

I know this is a very old thread but according to Moleskine, their products do not contained PVC. I believe it was a change in early 2012 but I can't recall. FYI
AReeves

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.