Templates

Share your information, hints and discuss Laser cutters/engravers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
EMBLAZER

Templates

Post by EMBLAZER »

Hi Everyone,

I just started my laser etching business in 11/08. I have an Epilog mini 2412 and have spent a lot of time learning how to use the machine and building templates in Adobe Illustrator. Is anyone interested in sharing/trading various templates they've created for electronics such as iPods, cell phones and laptops? :D

Roland Kramer
Owner
EMBLAZER Laser Etching Studio
http://www.emblazer.net

adafruit

Re: Templates

Post by adafruit »

congrats on your laser!
please post up templates here... you can attach them to a post.
We've put ours up on the website but haven't designed any lately and the more we have the better

TechTatts

Re: Templates

Post by TechTatts »

This might have already occurred to you, but I was born blond and dye my hair brown (with gray roots)....

Etch the file name of the template (including the whole path name) onto the physical template, if you plan on creating one, and don't forget to put the point of origin on too. I once made a 32" by 18" acrylic holder for aluminum business cards. The first time was great, of course, but the second time I used it, months later, it took precious time for me to figure out which face of the sheet was supposed to be on top and which corner was supposed to be at the 0" by 0" point. :roll:

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Laser”