Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Solar Lipoly Charger Amber LED Constantly ON
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Solar Lipoly Charger Amber LED Constantly ON

by tlarner1 on Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:56 am

USB, DC & Solar Lipoly Charger + PowerBoost 1000 Basic + 3.7v 3000mah poly + 5V 2A (2000mA) switching power supply - UL Listed.

Connected charger to power supply. Connected battery to solar charger. Once LED was green showing battery fully charged, connected the PowerBoost Basic. Disconnected the power supply to the solar charger. Plugged in my ipad air 2 to the PowerBoost. Something happened during charging after the red led for low voltage turned on. The PowerBoost went dead. Charge led was active on the solar charger even though no power supply was connected. I disconnected everything from the solar charger. Amber led slowly went out. Plugged battery in and Amber LED came back on without a power supply connected. Disconnected battery. Plugged in power supply to solar charger. Amber LED come back on without a lipo connected. Removed power supply, amber led slowly goes out.

1. any time power supply is connected, amber led turns on. NO LIPO IS ATTACHED/NO POWER BOOST IS CONNECTED
2. anytime lipo is attached (no power supply or powerboost connected), amber led turns on. THIS INCLUDES A FULLY CHARGED LIPO
3. PowerBoost Basic does not power on anymore unless I provide power at the 5v/Ground posts near the USB output.
4. Lipo provides power and charges properly using USB LiIon/LiPoly charger - v1.2. When using the secondary power input on the PowerBoost Basic 1000, it also charges my iphone using the same Lipo.

I'm assuming testing the ability of the PowerBoost Basic 1000 to charge my iPad was a mistake. What do I need to do in order to repair the solar charger and powerboost?

tlarner1

Re: Solar Lipoly Charger Amber LED Constantly ON

by adafruit_support_mike on Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:01 am

Post a photo showing your connections for the Charger, LiPo, and PowerBoost please. 800x600 images usually work best.

adafruit_support_mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.