Funhouse bad PIR or header
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Re: Funhouse bad PIR or header

by dastels on Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:12 pm

Can you post clear closeups of the PIR socket where it's soldered to the FunHouse board? You can test the PIR by connecting power and ground and a LED to the output.

Dave

dastels

by dastels on Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:28 pm

What I ended up doing was taking the plastic bit of the header of to let the pins go further into the socket. I did it so the PIR didn't stick out as much, but it might help your issue.

Dave

dastels

by dastels on Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:58 am

The random behavior of the PIR is concerning, so I'll auth a replacement of that.

Please email support@adafruit.com with a link to this thread, your order number, and request the replacement of one breadboard-friendly Mini PIR Motion Sensor with 3 Pin Header.

Dave

dastels

by dastels on Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:10 pm

Does the funhouse still function? Based on your photos I see is nothing wrong with the header.

I'll authorize a new PIR. Try my advice and remove the plastic from the PIR header pins so that they extend further into the header. An alternative is to replace the PIR header with one having longer pins.

First let me know if the FunHouse is ok without the PIR.

Dave

dastels

by adafruit_support on Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:33 pm

plamtrue - we've asked nicely, professionally, and politely to troubleshoot the issue. we also have already sent out a replacement and did not/do not have a problem with sending replacements or refunds.

since you will not allow us to assist you and we do not appreciate that you are claiming you are "ripped off" when we've spent time and replacements to assist you so far - we are having our team refund the purchase, please seek another supplier going forward.

adafruit_support
Site Admin

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.