Adafruit Audio FX Sound board red LED is lit, not recognised
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Adafruit Audio FX Sound board red LED is lit, not recognised

by WendyDassen on Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:01 am

Hi guys,

Just got in my Adafruit Audio FX Sound Board!
Unfortunately I can't get my Mac (nor a Windows 10) to recognize it. I am sure I am using a data USB cable ( verified with other working device).
The green PWR LED is lit, however, the red LED is also lit. In the user manual at FAQ's it says that the red LED should not be lit, however I can't find what to do when it is.
I only soldered the header pins and one terminal block to it. Nothing else is connected to it.

Anyone experienced this as well and knows a solution?

Thank you! :)
Attachments
Adafruit Audio FX Sound Board.jpeg
Adafruit Audio FX Sound Board.jpeg (155.89 KiB) Viewed 72 times

WendyDassen

Re: Adafruit Audio FX Sound board red LED is lit, not recogn

by dastels on Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:54 pm

That is odd. What happens if you power it in a different way (5v via Vin and gnd pins, USB battery pack or wall wart) without a USB data connection? Also, are you getting any audio output? You shouldn't if there's a USB data connection.

Dave

dastels

Re: Adafruit Audio FX Sound board red LED is lit, not recogn

by WendyDassen on Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:39 am

dastels wrote:That is odd. What happens if you power it in a different way (5v via Vin and gnd pins, USB battery pack or wall wart) without a USB data connection? Also, are you getting any audio output? You shouldn't if there's a USB data connection.

Dave

Thanks for your reply Dave,

It's the same thing when I power it differently, with batteries on Vin and GND or USB battery pack. The red LED stays lit.
I only get a little bit of ticking sound when I add a speaker to it, so you can tell there's some power going to the speaker. No noise or anything other. I can't upload files so I can't test for real audio.

Do you think I'm doing something wrong or could it just be a faulty item?

Thanks again!

WendyDassen

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.