Due to high demand expect some shipping delays at this time, orders may not ship for 1-2 business days.

MacroPad RP2040 - Trouble w/ USBC
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

MacroPad RP2040 - Trouble w/ USBC

by skDev on Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:43 pm

Anyone else having issues with usbc port on the board?

Received the starter kit a couple days ago, and from the get go the port seemed slightly questionable. My cables all 'click' in properly but the lateral wobble is pretty bad and the macropad ends up rebooting.

There are times when just using the encoder is enough to break the connection. Every so often after an incident, the board will dump all the data and reset itself, causing me to reupload all the circuit python macropad files. Im assuming the erratic connection ends up resetting everything?

Currently running Circuit Python 7, other than that, when the board stays connected its great.

Any suggestions or direction is appreciated!

skDev

Re: MacroPad RP2040 - Trouble w/ USBC

by adafruit_support_carter on Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:50 am

How many different cables have you tried so far?

adafruit_support_carter

by skDev on Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:42 pm

I've tried a handful of cables, 3 different types/manufacturers. I've found that using a USBC L shaped cable best minimized the unintended reboots of the macropad. However slight movements from using the encoder will still cause a disconnect sometimes.

skDev

by adafruit_support_carter on Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:36 pm

Seems really odd. These are pretty standard connectors. We can try a replacement and see if that works.

Send an email to support@adafruit.com with a link to this thread and your order number and they can send you a replacement MacroPad (PID 5100).

adafruit_support_carter

by skDev on Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:43 pm

Thank you for the direction! Appreciate the quick reply.

skDev

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.