I2CDriver defective (P4267A)

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
karlw350

I2CDriver defective (P4267A)

Post by karlw350 »

The I2CDriver (P4267A) I bought does not connect to the USB port. The SPIDriver and I2Cmini I have do connect to that USB port. I want to return the defective device and get it replaced.

mikeysklar

Re: I2CDriver defective (P4267A)

Post by mikeysklar »

Since your other hardware is working and this one is giving you issues we will probably replace it with minimal back and forth in the forums. Ideally you would test this with a powered hub since the i2cdriver by Excamera can draw up to 470mA. Is that possible for you to try?

karlw350

Post by karlw350 »

Yes, I can connect it to a powered hub. I have experimented with it since I first asked the question. The I2CDriver does connect to USB port sometimes, as long as the MCP9808 board is not connected to the I2CDriver. If the MCP9808 board is connected to the I2CDriver board, the I2CDriver never connects. I can measure the current used by the I2CDriver, it is 30 to 70 mA,, it changes rapidly. The top line of the I2CDriver shows "D 5.03V 0mA". Maybe the MCP0908 is the problem? I bought the I2CDriver to test a product I was hired to design. So I don't have any other I2C device to try.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Thank you for the additional details.

We can review the MCP9808 wiring with you. Maybe there is something going on there?

It would probably be beneficial to your development if you had other i2c devices to test with during your development process.

While we could swap the i2cdriver, it seems to be working correctly on its own so that would probably just delay your project.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”