defective pixel ring

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Dean01

defective pixel ring

Post by Dean01 »

I recently ordered at Neopixel ring, connected it to a Feather Huzzah and ran test code "NeoPixel Ring simple sketch (c) 2013 Shae Erisson". Only 18 of the 24 pixels work.

I have double checked all connections, then loaded a different sketch. Same pixels don't light up. I am convinced that I have a defective ring. How do I get a replacement?

Invoice 1199391. PID 2861.

Franklin97355

Re: defective pixel ring

Post by Franklin97355 »

Only 18 of the 24 pixels work.
Make sure you have the latest version of the neopixel library installed and you are using the RGBW code when testing.

Dean01

Post by Dean01 »

I have a defective Neopixel ring! Only 18 of the 24 pixels are lighting up. I have posted to the forum and I am being told to use the most recent neopixel library. I HAVE THE MOST RECENT LIBRARY. I want a replacement as soon as possible.
I am very frustrated with your processes of taking care of a defective product. Posting to a public forum, then waiting for a response, then getting a suggestion that provides no help; only delays my project further.

I have a defective product that needs replacement.

Franklin, are you an Adafruit employee? How do I get a response from an Adafruit representative?

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

You are talking to an Adafruit representative. Post your code and I will take a look. 18 out of 24 is a classic symptom of not sending the correct data to the string because if you send 24 3 variable values you will get 18 4 variable values sent to the pixels.

Dean01

Post by Dean01 »

My sincere apology to you. From your last post I changed the number of pixels to 34 and all of the pixels lit up. I then looked at the code and found the setup parameter NEO_GRBW + NEO_KHZ800. When I changed this parameter, everything works as expected.

I again apologize.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”