BMP280 issues

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Gimbal

BMP280 issues

Post by Gimbal »

Hi, I'm using a BMP280 on a Raspberry Pi and am having some issues.

I have started with a fresh install and set up the I2C to work and when I hook everything up and run i2cdetect, I get the sensor showing up in the address table as it should (position 77).
All good so far.....

I was having problems running the examples but then realised that I should have been using IDLE2 and not 3 (Doh!)

Now I get a temperature reading and a pressure reading that is always the same and always wrong.

I know that they are wrong as it's not 82.7C and the pressure isn't -4469989 Pa. (I haven't measured to see what they actually are but I know enough to know that these aren't right)
I get an error from the Altitude request as it complains about the pressure reading.

I have made sure that everything is installed (checked multiple times and even used the --force to make sure) but am having no luck.

Is this likely to be a faulty sensor?
Or is there something else I can try?

Thanks

adafruit_support_bill

Re: BMP280 issues

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Sounds like you are communicating OK, so your connections must be right. But that data is clearly wrong. We can try replacing the sensor. Please contact [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement.

Gimbal

Re: BMP280 issues

Post by Gimbal »

Thanks, will do.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”