Ultimate GPS shield and 2.8 TFT display

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Netwizzer

Ultimate GPS shield and 2.8 TFT display

Post by Netwizzer »

I have purchased these and so far they have worked great. The TFT display ( 1651 ) and GPS (1272) appear to operate as they should.
However, I did run into small issue when attempting to stack these together. The SDcard on the GPS shield and the TFT display both
use arduino pin 10 as a chip select. My initial thought was " fine, I'll just cut the track from the CCS breakout pin to arduino pin 10 and
jumper this to an unused digital pin". This did not have the desired result. The way the board is routed, this track goes from pin 7 of the HC4050
to pin 10 on the arduino header then to the CCS breakout thru hole. Cutting this track simply isolated the CCS thru hole. What I actually needed to do
is cut the track from the HC4050 pin 7 to the arduino header pin 10 and then jumper the new pin to pin 7 on the HC4050.
After doing this everything was happy again. Now, I am running out of RAM on the UNO that is doing the work and may have to change to one with a little more RAM.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Ultimate GPS shield and 2.8 TFT display

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The trace to cut is on the underside of the PCB: the short jumper between the hole for pin 10 and the hole in the parallel row right next to it.

Netwizzer

Post by Netwizzer »

Thanks. I cut the trace on the wrong side of the hole at pin 10. With the jumper that I added, it works fine.

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Glad to hear that did the job. Happy hacking!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”