Untzrument: Leonardo port no longer found
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Untzrument: Leonardo port no longer found

by Trevorvan on Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:38 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am building an Untzrument with a single Trellis. I have followed the online tutorial as closely as possible (found here https://learn.adafruit.com/mini-untztru ... r/overview) and was able to upload the "Hello_World" code successfully. Everything was working fine and I was able to play MIDI notes through Logic Pro, however I can no longer upload code to my Leonardo.

When uploading code I simply don't get the usb port to appear. The only available port is the bluetooth port. When uploading the code the Arduino IDE says that no board can be found.

What I've tried to fix the problem:
1.multiple different usb cables that are known to work
2.multiple different scripts including a blank script
3.pressing the arduino reset button before plugging it in, while plugged in, while uploading, and really any other time I could think of during multiple different tries
4.updating libraries, drivers, etc..
5.Trying to upload as "TeeOnArdu" as both MIDI and Serial
6.Trying to upload as "Leonardo"
7.Multiple different USB ports on my computer
8.Removing all wires from the leonardo that connected it to the trellis

My specs:
Arduino 1.8.2
Teensyduino 1.36
All the libraries and hardware folders are installed as per the Mini UNTZ instructions.
The UNTZ shows up as a midi in my Audio Midi Setup.

Does anyone know why arduino cant for the board or port?

Can I somehow convert the leonardo back to serial from a midi instrument and start over?

*note that this individual had the exact same problem, however a solution wasn't posted and the board has since died (
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=93863&p=591098&sid=66f7dfd2854ff527173d2a180dc8cd62#p591098)

Thank you for your help!!!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 2.50.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 2.50.46 PM.png (242.46 KiB) Viewed 254 times

Trevorvan

Re: Untzrument: Leonardo port no longer found

by adafruit_support_mike on Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:13 am

There's a fairly easy fix for that.

Enable verbose messages during upload in the Arduino IDE's Preferences window, then start an upload without bothering to select a Serial port. When the lines beginning with 'PORTS' start scrolling past in the debug pane, click the Leonardo's reset button to manually force a reset. That will launch the bootloader, and things should pick up normally from there.

adafruit_support_mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.