ESP32 WROVER dev kit came broken?

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Machman

ESP32 WROVER dev kit came broken?

Post by Machman »

So I ordered an ESP32 WROVER dev board, which was opened when it came and put in an antistatic foam sleeve. And yet, when I went to start using it, the screen is damaged. Anyways, I can't seem to find a way to report/resolve this problem, so I followed the link from the support page, and got nothing. So I'm posting here, hopefully someone sees this.

I am sorry to say that this seems like a recurring issue, 4 of the 5 Adafruit screen products I have purchased from MicroCenter have been cracked and have had to be exchanged/returned. of the 2 screens I have ordered online, the 1st one was fine, and works great, but this one is damaged, I don't know if it was from shipping, the dev board was packed russian doll style (box inside of box with no foam or padding), or just got through quality control.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: ESP32 WROVER dev kit came broken?

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Could you post a photo showing the damage, and also one of the packaging if you still have that please? 800x600 images usually work best.

Machman

Post by Machman »

1128171000.jpg
1128171000.jpg (412.82 KiB) Viewed 307 times
Unfortunately, the packaging was recycled. the board is running its version of the arduino blink it seems, the led on the back cycles color, and a few pixels on the screen follow that color, it does show up to my pc though

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

That's definitely a broken display, thank you.

Send a note containing a link to this thread and your order number to [email protected]. The folks there will get you a replacement, and will probably get some information that we could use to file a damage claim with the shipper.

(#3384)

Machman

Post by Machman »

I just got the replacement board, and it seems to be acting funny, do any of your esp32 wrover boards do this when you power them up? It does cycle through red, green and blue, but that side of the screen doesn't change. I just powered it via usb, no code was changed.
Attachments
20180111_171358.jpg
20180111_171358.jpg (1007.08 KiB) Viewed 219 times

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”