Raspberry PI Camera Pack's microSD card DOA
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Raspberry PI Camera Pack's microSD card DOA

by artificer3 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:04 pm

I just received the Raspberry PI Camera Pack and assembled it according to the video. Plugged in USB, and screen lit up, but nothing was displayed. Tried the micro SD card in 3 other readers, and none of them would recognize the card. Tried a known good card in the reader, and it works. I'll grab another microSD card to install Octoprint this weekend, but the provided card is DOA.

Support@adafruit.com said to post here, so ...

Michael

artificer3

Re: Raspberry PI Camera Pack's microSD card DOA

by adafruit_support_carter on Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:16 pm

Tried a known good card in the reader, and it works. I'll grab another microSD card to install Octoprint this weekend, but the provided card is DOA.

OK, let us know if you can get the setup to boot and work with another SD card and image. That would single out the SD card as being the issue. And then maybe you can try re-imaging the SD card to see if the entire card is bad, or it just has a corrupt OS image.

adafruit_support_carter

by artificer3 on Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:17 am

The card is bad. I'm running octoprint on the R-PI right now, which is working well. I've put the card in several readers with different adapters, and nothing even recognizes the card. Everything else in the package is working.

artificer3

by adafruit_support_carter on Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:59 am

OK, yeah, sounds like a bad SD card. If you want a replacement, send an email to support@adafruit.com with a link to this thread and your order number and they can get you a new SD card.

adafruit_support_carter

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.