USB data to FX soundboard
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

USB data to FX soundboard

by ivanbusquets on Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:05 am

I have the 16MB Audio FX Sound Board + Amp and am having trouble (like many others, from what I've seen in this forum) to get my Windows 10 computer to see it as a drive.

It didn't work initially with the first cable I tried (even though it was a data USB cable), but DID work with a second one.
Now that I've been testing the soundboard and am ready to use it in a project, I would like to connect it as a drive again, but can't get my computer to see it as a drive again, even using the cable that worked the first time around.

The green LED turns on, but no matter what I do it doesn't seem to want to connect in "data" mode, and defaults to "power" mode instead.
I know it has worked before with this board... Any tips/tricks to making this work again?

Thanks

ivanbusquets

Re: USB data to FX soundboard

by ivanbusquets on Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:53 am

Hmm, I got it to work again, using the same cable that wasn't working before.

No connections changed in between, so I'm a little bit stumped, but it's working now anyway.

ivanbusquets

Re: USB data to FX soundboard

by adafruit_support_mike on Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:49 am

Some USB cables work better than others.

USB is a high-speed protocol and the cable is a component, not just a couple of wires stuck in the middle. Different vendors make them differently, and the quality varies.

When in doubt, it's always worth trying another cable.

adafruit_support_mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.