1343 Ultrasonic HR-USB Range finder and Arduino
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

1343 Ultrasonic HR-USB Range finder and Arduino

by doganbora on Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:37 pm

To get more accurate readings at short distances, I upgraded my DRO project from HC-SR04 type Ultrasonic Sensor to HR-USB EZ1 sensor with 1mm resolution. Using my Windows PC, I was able to get serial data from COM 17. Now I want to make the device operate with an Arduino and display the serial data on my 1.2" 7 segment display, just as I did previously using, HC-SR04 with 4 pins to connect to Arduino UNO. The new HR-USB PCB has an USB port and no schematics to show me the location of contacts I can connect to my Arduino. The manufacturer MAX Botix, shows this board only connected to Raspberry Pi, is this because RPi has a USB in Port? Or short of using Raspberry Pi or buying MaxBotix HR Sensor with LV option where there are contacts identified to solder headers, is there another way to get the serial data from the sensor to Arduino so I can drive a 7 segment Display.

doganbora

Re: 1343 Ultrasonic HR-USB Range finder and Arduino

by adafruit_support_bill on Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:56 pm

To connect this via USB, you need a processor with the capability of acting as a USB Master. The Pi can do this, and Arduino UNO cannot - it can only act as a slave.

For use with an Arduino UNO, you can use one of the non-USB Maxbotix sensors. These support analog, TTL Serial or pulse-width communication.
https://www.adafruit.com/?q=maxbotix

adafruit_support_bill

by doganbora on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:30 pm

Would Pi 0W do, or do I need Pi 3??

doganbora

by adafruit_support_bill on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:48 am

I believe that the Pi-W should work, but I have not tried that combination.

adafruit_support_bill

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.