Precision Robot Wheels

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adafruit_support_bill

Re: Precision Robot Wheels

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

I understand. Not everyone has the luxury of a full shop at their disposal. You might want to see if there are any makerspaces in your area. In addition to the tools, they are generally well stocked with people that are willing to share their knowledge of how to use them.

In any case, thank you for the feedback. As we expand our robotics offerings, it is good to know what our customers would like to see from us.

CharlyDD

Post by CharlyDD »

I was looking at the photo of the TT Gearbox motor with the gearbox open. It looks like the gear ratio may be changeable by swapping the locations of the two larger gears. One or both of them might have to be turned over as well. Do you know if anyone has tried this, or if it's possible ?

Yours,

Charlie

adafruit_support_bill

I haven't had a chance to tear one down yet. I'll look into it.

adafruit_support_bill

OK. The gears are not interchangeable.
The first gear is a crown gear that is driven by the pinion on the motor shaft and spins on a small diameter metal shaft.
That drives a larger spur gear that is molded onto one half of the output shaft.
That in turn drives the idler gear that sits on top of the crown gear on the metal shaft.
And that drives the upper spur gear molded onto the other half of the output shaft.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”