Sound FX Sound gap

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
chaoticpeace

Sound FX Sound gap

Post by chaoticpeace »

I'm currently playing around with the sound FX board ( https://www.adafruit.com/product/2220 ) and I'm trying to get a chainsaw idling sound to loop with no gap. I'm not sure if I'm just being picky.

i'm using a .wav file of about 12 seconds long. The file is on a TnnHOLDL loop with a switch as the trigger so when the switch is on, it loops. I'm also using a NC/NO switch ( https://www.adafruit.com/product/819 ) to have a rev sound come in over it and have three different ones as BANNED . The trigger words but, again, there is a noticeable to me sound gap. All files are .wav files and I've made sure there is no gaps in the track of each audio file. I also plan on putting a trigger with a hold where a human would be letting go of a button and hitting the idling switch for the start up sound and concerned there will, again, be a noticeable gap.

I'm not using any aurdio coding, it's all switches wired directly to the board. Thoughts?

PNBohde

Re: Sound FX Sound gap

Post by PNBohde »

Just to check, you might reload your sound file onto audacity and using the zoom feature, insure that any dead spot at the end or beginning of the sound file are cut. Use the select tool in audacity, highlight the unwanted section, then hit the cut button. That should solve the problem. reexport it and reload.

chaoticpeace

Re: Sound FX Sound gap

Post by chaoticpeace »

Just checked my file and, unless it's saving a deadspot into it, there isn't any dead air in the audacity file. I'm still hearing the hesitation and I visiually see the red LED on the board flash off and back on when the hesitation occurs.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”