Adafruit Hallowing sketch issue
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Adafruit Hallowing sketch issue

by jservando on Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:15 pm

I'm new to the Raspberry Pi/Arduino scene but I've decided to jump in head first. My first project is a simple one, an All_seeing Skull using the HalloWing. I've followed the build guide to the letter and successfully uploaded the 'LED blink test' sketch using the Arduino IDE. My hang up is when I try to select a version of the eye to upload, I get the error code shown in the screenshot. I would greatly appreciate any and all help! Thanks in advance!

Screenshot (5).png
All_seeing Skull sketch Arduino IDE
Screenshot (5).png (149.83 KiB) Viewed 68 times

^

jservando

Re: Adafruit Hallowing sketch issue

by jservando on Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:42 am

Ok, I fixed my problem by placing the downloaded files in the correct folder. However, I get a new error message regarding line 37 of the config.h file: "eyeInfo_t does not name a type". The section of code is as follows:

Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
eyeInfo_t eyeInfo[] = {
#ifdef ADAFRUIT_HALLOWING
  { 39, -1, 2 }, // SINGLE EYE display-select and wink pins, rotate 180
#else
  {  9, 0, 0 }, // LEFT EYE display-select and wink pins, no rotation
  { 10, 2, 0 }, // RIGHT EYE display-select and wink pins, no rotation
#endif
};

I fix helicopters for a living, so i figured this project would be a walk in the park. I'll have to admit, troubleshooting code is not my cup of tea. This newbie will definitely appreciate the help. I just might learn something new along the way...

jservando

by jjason on Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:08 pm

I ran into the same problem. I ended up going to github and getting the most recent code and got past the compiler errors you are seeing. Here is the github link:

https://github.com/adafruit/Uncanny_Eyes

jjason

by jservando on Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:05 am

Thanks for the heads up! I think my main issue was using the Windows App version of Arduino IDE. I uninstalled that and downloaded the latest version. Lo and behold all of my compiling problems went away.

jservando

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.