Bluefruit LE UART friend - how to use it with arduino UNO?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Bluefruit LE UART friend - how to use it with arduino UNO?

by philip100 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:21 pm

Hello.

As for now, I've been using bluetooth v2.0 modules because I didn't need for iOS support.
Now I need iOS support too, so I bought Bluefruit LE UART friend and I'm trying to figure it out.

I thought that I can program it on UNO in a similar way as BT2.0 modules (which was pretty stright forward). I can't find however any logic pattern of how does this module actually works.

For testing purposes, I've connected it with my UNO using a softwareSerial and it does works (well... kinda works, because whenever I power up UNO, the BLE module can't be found until I put it in a CMD mode. Then I have to switch back to UART mode in order to get my UNO "talk" with my phone. Don't know what's going on, but I can't use it that way)

All I need, is to set this bluetooth module with UNO using Hardware Serial, NOT a softwareSerial, without blocking code as in most of the examples. All pins of my UNO are in use, so I can only use Serial pins (RX0, TX1). Simply send and receive commands between UNO and phone over Serial port.

Any simple example? Please?

Thank you.

philip100

Re: Bluefruit LE UART friend - how to use it with arduino UN

by oesterle on Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:32 am

Hi, Philip!

The product tutorial shows how to wire it to the UNO.

There's also a good section on sending text between the Bluefruit LE UART Friend and the Bluefruit LE Connect app for iOS or Android.

Adafruit publishes the source of the Bluefruit LE Connect apps for iOS and Android on GitHub, which may be helpful if you need to write a mobile app:

Cheers,

Eric

oesterle

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.