Flash memory on M5Stack faces kit

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
sNUsNU

Flash memory on M5Stack faces kit

Post by sNUsNU »

Hi, I was interested in the M5Stack faces kit, but last I had checked was a while ago and they were out of stock. In the interim I found them on the M5stack site, where it says they now have 16MB flash. Is this accurate, and do the adafruit ones now have 16 MB as well? The Adafruit page still says 4 MB but since they are now back in stock I thought maybe they had gotten a batch of the new ones and just not updated the page. I would prefer to buy from Adafruit but would like the larger flash size if possible. Info from the M5stack site pasted below. Some of the info on their site is definitely inconsistent/contradicts itself so I just wanted to check. Thanks for any help.

Technical details
Resources Parameter
ESP32 240MHz dual core, 600 DMIPS, 520KB SRAM, Wi-Fi, dual mode Bluetooth
Flash Memory 16MB (old: 4MB)
Power Input 5V @ 150mA
Port TypeC x 1, GROVE(I2C+I/0+UART) x 1
LCD Screen 2 inch, 320x240 Colorful TFT LCD, ILI9341
Speaker 1W-0928
Battery 150mAh @ 3.7V
Operating Temperature 32°F to 104°F ( 0°C to 40°C )
Size 54 x 54 x 12.5 mm
Case Material Plastic ( PC )

sNUsNU

Re: Flash memory on M5Stack faces kit

Post by sNUsNU »

OK, it's been just about 2 weeks since I posted this, and I thought someone from customer service would have at least acknowledged that it was read. Perhaps this is not the correct place to ask questions such as this, so I went to the Contact section of the site and under the drop down menu the most appropriate category seemed to be Technical support, and when you select that, it prompts you to watch a video directing you to the customer service forums, ie, here, and 7 separate links taking you to the customer support forums. OK, OK I get the hint. It also states that all questions in said customer support forums will be answered. That's good to know, but your forums report more than 1000 unanswered posts in 20 pages dating back to February. Should we be worried, or have you been so successful lately that you just can't keep up? Maybe hiring is in order? I asked the same question to the amazon seller, and they replied in one and a half days that they received my question and would forward it to their distributor. In another one and a half days, so three days total, they got me the answer I needed. Who knows if it's accurate, LOL, but they gave me an answer and acknowledged my existence. Despite this being my first post, I have been an Adafruit customer since nearly the beginning of its existence. There needs to be a better, faster way to ask simple questions about technical details of a product so we can make a decision as to whether or not we want to buy it. Thanks for reading, if you did...

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”