Adafruit is open and shipping! Let's build back better, together!

Drawdio - ColdHeat
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Drawdio - ColdHeat

by Mashew on Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:41 pm

Hello,

Since I am completely dumb, I did not read ALL of the part list before I started. It said, "DO NOT USE COLDHEAT". I did... well, for one transistor.

What is the likeliness that I screwed it up by doing so.

I finished the project with a crappy RadioShack soldering iron. Again. I was stupid.

Anyway, what is the likeliness that the project is screwed?
Mashew

Re: Drawdio - ColdHeat

by wakeupsilver on Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:45 am

I find soldering with cold heat to be really difficult. But whether the project is working or not is pretty much a one second test - when you touch both ends of the circuit (the metal parts) by pinching them between your thumb and forefinger (with the battery in) do you hear a squeaky noise?
wakeupsilver

by Mashew on Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:24 am

wakeupsilver wrote:I find soldering with cold heat to be really difficult. But whether the project is working or not is pretty much a one second test - when you touch both ends of the circuit (the metal parts) by pinching them between your thumb and forefinger (with the battery in) do you hear a squeaky noise?

Nope.

I have wiggled it around and have checked all the solder points. What is this switch they are talking about?
Mashew

by adafruit on Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:36 pm

you could post a photo of the kit, we'll look at it. sadly the coldheat irons have a tendency to destroy electronics but it could also be something else

adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.