🔮Adafruit sale all weekend long – use the code ADATHX for 15% off! 🔮

sim card reader...complications !
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

sim card reader...complications !

by harmeetmatta on Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:25 am

hello ppl...m harmeet...new to the forum..!

i recently purchased a sim card reader + t-flsah reader....heres the link on how the card looks like http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.27056

i downloaded the pysim application for windows....i want to see the deleted contacts in my sim card....my sim card shows only 75 contacts out of 150 that it can hold...i m in desperate need of the remaining contacts...

the thing is i m a real noob in all this stuff....and i m not able to decide whether my sim reader is phoenix or pc/sc reader....i m kind of certain that it is not a pc/sc reader...coz i downloaded an app ....data doctor sim recovery and there it doesnt detect my sim card reader under pc/sc option...and under phenoix type it asks for data baud....partity etc which i hv no clue abt nd neither will the guy whom i purchased this from be able to tell....

i can successfully read the contacts in my sim thru the application provided by the sim card reader cd.....but i want the deleted contacts back.....
i donno what is comm port...do i need to configure some settings or somethin so that the apps detect my sim card reader hardware...( its a usb plug and play device...does it mean it cant be comm port..)
i donno wht i m takin....hope u ppl understand :)

this is the error i get in pysim application

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "pySimReader.py", line 267, in buttonConnectReader
File "pySIMserial.pyc", line 111, in connectReader
File "pySIMserial.pyc", line 160, in openSession
TypeError: ord() expected a character, but string of length 0 found
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "pySimReader.py", line 267, in buttonConnectReader
File "pySIMserial.pyc", line 111, in connectReader
File "pySIMserial.pyc", line 143, in openSession
File "serial\serialutil.pyc", line 166, in __init__
File "serial\serialwin32.pyc", line 49, in open
serial.serialutil.SerialException: could not open port COM1: (5, 'CreateFile', 'Access is denied.')

for info ....d cd which i got with this sim reader hardware..installs some c++ redristributable files...does that mean its phoenix type ......

plls help...any inputs from ur side and ur concern is appreciated.....thanxxx...:)
harmeetmatta

Re: sim card reader...complications !

by adafruit on Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:40 pm

harmeetmatta wrote:hello ppl...m harmeet...new to the forum..! plls help...any inputs from ur side and ur concern is appreciated.....thanxxx...:)

hi harmeetmatta,

thanks for joining the adafruit forums - the product you are asking for help with is not ours and we do not support it - please feel free to hang out in our forums, learn and share - but we can't support another company's product - you may want to contact them.

cheers,
adafruit

adafruit

by harmeetmatta on Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:31 am

thanks for joining the adafruit forums - the product you are asking for help with is not ours and we do not support it - please feel free to hang out in our forums, learn and share - but we can't support another company's product - you may want to contact them.
cheers,
adafruit

well i know the card reader is not the product that u guys can provide support for...and i understand that....but u can give me inputs on why i m getting the error in the pysim application...i know i m not using the application with the right product...but i need to get the contacts back...i m in desperate need of them....hope u understand :)
harmeetmatta

by adafruit on Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:25 am

harmeetmatta wrote:
i know i m not using the application with the right product...but i need to get the contacts back...i m in desperate need of them....hope u understand :)

we cannot support a product that's not ours, it's not fair to that company or our customers.

-adafruit

adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.