CLUE: Can't find example under Full_Board_Tests
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

CLUE: Can't find example under Full_Board_Tests

by IraSch on Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:07 pm

Just upgraded to Arduino IDE 1.8.11, added the Board support, and installed the Arcada library (and it's dozen+ related libraries automagically) and the Sensor library (also many related libraries automagically).

Set the board type to CLUE, went to Examples, navigated down to Full_Board_Tests but don't see the CLUE example(s). There are 6 subitems under full_board_tests, but no CLUE example as shown in the documentation.

Did I miss something?

Thanks,

IraSch

Re: CLUE: Can't find example under Full_Board_Tests

by IraSch on Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:29 pm

I would like to know what I missed to not get the example, but in the interest of moving forward, I pulled the example .ino down from Github. When compiling, I get the following errors:

Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
C:\Users\Ira\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_Arcada_Library\Adafruit_Arcada.cpp: In member function 'bool Adafruit_Arcada_SPITFT::arcadaBegin()':

C:\Users\Ira\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_Arcada_Library\Adafruit_Arcada.cpp:105:12: error: 'class Adafruit_NeoPixel' has no member named 'fill'

pixels.fill(0);

^~~~

Multiple libraries were found for "Adafruit_GFX.h"
 Used: C:\Users\Ira\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_GFX_Library
 Not used: C:\Users\Ira\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArducamSSD1306
 Not used: C:\Users\Ira\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArducamSSD1306-master
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Adafruit CLUE.

IraSch

by jdelcamp11 on Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:33 pm

jdelcamp11

by IraSch on Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:00 pm

Looks like it isn't called "clue" in the list

I believe the link you sent is for something else. The instructions for the new CLUE board [url]file:///C:/Users/Ira/Downloads/adafruit-clue.pdf[/url] show an example called acada_clue_test

I was able to get the example, but still can't compile it without an error.

IraSch

by rfterry on Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:10 pm

Also can not find the arcada_clue_text file. I directly downloaded CLUE_TEST.UF2

rfterry

by rfterry on Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:12 pm

Also can not find the "arcada_clue_text" file. I directly downloaded and flashed CLUE_TEST.UF2. It seems to run all tests just fine. Out of the box my CLUE's right button failed to activate the two white LED's. CLUE_TEST.UF2 corrected that as well. Now I just need the source code to "start hacking".

rfterry

by IraSch on Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:57 am

I was able to find the arcada_clue_test file in Github: https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Arcada

I had several problems getting it to compile, which seems to have traced back to the version of Adafruit NeoPixel I had installed, which was older.

I'm still not sure why the examples didn't install with the rest of the Arcada package.

On the other hand, I'm assuming that when a library package is installed, newer versions don't automatically overwrite older versions (in my case Adafruit NeoPixel). I did get about 30 warnings of Library Already Installed when I installed the Arcada and Sensor library packages. I guess I'm going to have to check each one to see which need updating.

IraSch

by jdelcamp11 on Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:26 am

Glad you found it. Hopefully things are working now.

jdelcamp11

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.