5v power supply

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jworrin

5v power supply

Post by jworrin »

I purchased this kit: http://www.adafruit.com/index.php?main_ ... cts_id=186 from adafruit. There were no instructions with it, so I just used the picture as a reference, like the product page says to. My question is, does the way its set up in the picture actually supply 5V of power to both sides of the breadboard??

I assumed that it would. I checked the power coming off the center leg of the of the 7805, and the far right leg, and it did supply a constant 5V. This 5V was supplied to the left side of the breadboard (as you are looking at the picture), but the other side of the breadboard is given the 12V that the wall wart supplies. Did I set this up wrong, or would you agree that one side would be 5V and the other would be what the wall wart (or whatever power source you are using) supplies.

Thanks,

-- Joshua

adafruit_support_bill

Re: 5v power supply

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

From the pictured circuit, that appears to be correct. The regulator is on the left and the regulated voltage is fed to the left side of the breadboard only.
The source voltage for the regulator is also fed to the right side of the breadboard.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”