Due to high demand, expect some shipping delays at this time - orders may not ship for up to 2-3 business days.

EeonTex High-Conductivity Heater Fabric - NW170-PI-20
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

EeonTex High-Conductivity Heater Fabric - NW170-PI-20

by Fennecfox on Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:47 am

Hello,
I'm using the heating fabric with 12V DC and alligator clips for providing some heat as it is used in the demonstration videos. However, I found the heating fabric is easy to be burnt even with the low input, even with the USB connected to a laptop. The attached picture shows the crack that is burnt by the heat from the alligator clip, I can see smog coming out from the connected area. Could you please provide some ideas about how to use this fabric for normal heating, thanks!
Attachments
_20200731095026.jpg
_20200731095026.jpg (54.97 KiB) Viewed 39 times

Fennecfox

Re: EeonTex High-Conductivity Heater Fabric - NW170-PI-20

by mikeysklar on Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:57 pm

We have a guide using this product. We are using a 12V power supply in the example. The keep in mind section might be the most relevant here:

experimenting

Keep in mind:
1. The distance between your power and ground wires matters - if they are too close you will get a very hot spot that could smoke/burn, and if they are too far apart the heat will concentrate around each connection point.

2. If you decide to connect power and ground in multiple places along the piece of fabric, the distance between each set of power and ground connections must be consistent. If one set of connections is closer together, the heat will concentrate between them.

mikeysklar

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.