Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

DIY USB + flat cable?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

DIY USB + flat cable?

by twrackers on Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:17 am

Saw the new DIY USB parts such as #4106 Straight MicroUSB plug and #3560 10 cm Ribbon Cable. Is it safe to assume you cannot put male connectors on both ends of the cable without getting the pinouts wrong? I was thinking of using the #4260 USB C Jack to Micro USB Jack Round Panel Mount Adapter on an enclosure which will house a Pro Trinket (micro USB socket). Since the #4260 is a socket on both sides, I'd need a M-to-M cable inside the enclosure. Am I wrong about this, would this actually work?

twrackers

Re: DIY USB + flat cable?

by twrackers on Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:02 pm

I really need a response to this, I have multiple items sitting in my shopping cart which I can't order until I know whether or not I'm about to purchase items that will or won't do what I need. The new DIY USB components have very little detailed information on the web site and no documentation or schematics. I'm sure the Vcc and GND lines between the end connectors will have no issue, but the data lines going each way are directional and I see no evidence of support for crossing them over when needed.

The driving issue is the round panel-mount USB adapters: they have sockets on both sides. So if I use one of those, I need to add a cable with plugs at both ends.

twrackers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.