Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

LIS3DH breakout board troubleshooting help
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

LIS3DH breakout board troubleshooting help

by jdchapman97 on Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:07 pm

Hi!
I am using the Adafruit LIS3DH Triple-Axis Accelerometer Breakout board with an off brand arduino nano. I am using software SPI with the default pins in the code (clock = 13, MISO = 12, MOSI = 11, CS = 10). I had the two working together with other sensors on the breadboard, which I don't have a picture of. After moving the nano and breakout to a PCB I am getting the "couldn't start" error through the serial port. This is a custom PCB, as you can probably tell. I did check every connection to make sure that it was a good connection and that there weren't any crossed wires. Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips? I've tried everything short of pulling off the breakout and replacing it with a second one I bought, which I'd rather not do.

The code that I am using is pretty much the sample code copied and pasted. I get the same error using the sample and my code. (I did make sure that the initialization for software SPI is commented in and the 12C is commented out.) There is a chance that I had a crossed wire at some point that shorted out the board. If so, that's that and I'll throw the other one on.

Below are the PCB front and back (admittedly not my cleanest work) and the schematic that it is based on.

120200811_184016.jpg
120200811_184016.jpg (462.77 KiB) Viewed 11 times

20200811_184026.jpg
20200811_184026.jpg (450.42 KiB) Viewed 11 times

schematic.png
schematic.png (108.9 KiB) Viewed 11 times

Thanks!

jdchapman97

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.