Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Adafruit BNO055 IMU
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Adafruit BNO055 IMU

by sylvain55 on Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:29 am

Hello everyone,

I received my Adafruit BNO055 2 days ago and I'm starting to play with it with my Arduino Uno Rev 3. I have few questions :

Accelerometer zero-g bias :
My Adafruit BNO055 is mounted on a breadboard and is on a flat table. Yesterday when I plotted the accelerometer data with everything not moving at all on the table the value for the X axis was around -0.02 m/s². Today I did the same test and the value is -0.5 m/s² which is far from being negligible... Is something broken on my BNO board ?
Even after doing the calibration process by moving the breadboard at 45° along each axis and putting it upside down and so on, the value is -0.1m/s² instead of something really close to 0. I'm having this issue only with the x axis.

Accelerometer raw data :
In order to get the accelerometer values, I use this code :
Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
imu::Vector<3> acc  = myIMU.getVector(Adafruit_BNO055::VECTOR_ACCELEROMETER);

But getVector() seems to retrieve data after calibration... is it possible to retrieve the real raw data from the sensor, without any calibration "post processing" ? I would like to do my own calibration algorithm.

Thank you for your help.
Sylvain

sylvain55

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.