Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

751 fingerprint sensor - template download
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

751 fingerprint sensor - template download

by Crossroads on Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:40 pm

My customer bought 2 of 751 sensor (invoice 2333778). He wants to store industrial machine settings, including operator fingerprint templates, in a database and from an administrative station push setting to a machine. Pushing settings to the machine would also load the fingerprint into the sensor attached to the machine. I am writing the software (Python 3) to do this. Unfortunately, the library supplied does not include the functionality to upload/download templates. (It also doesn't check the checksum of returned packets.)
I was able to upload (what I think is) a fingerprint. Non-zero, non-readable, reasonably-sized. Step 1: copy the template of interest to the image buffer. Step 2: read the image buffer.
I was not able to download a print. I wasn't able to guess the process. Download to a char buffer? Char 1 or 2? Then what? Store the char buffer as a template doesn't seem to be a command. There are just too many possible combinations.
Any chance of an updated library to include template upload/download? Any hints or suggestions on the process to download a template? Thank you.

Crossroads

Re: 751 fingerprint sensor - template download

by adafruit_support_carter on Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:08 pm

adafruit_support_carter

Re: 751 fingerprint sensor - template download

by Crossroads on Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:12 am

I’m using Python 3 running on a Raspberry Pi.

Crossroads

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.