Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

matrix 8*8 matrix backpack library
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

matrix 8*8 matrix backpack library

by kako47 on Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:36 am

With an Arduino Nano Every
library's :
#include <Adafruit_GFX.h>
#include "Adafruit_LEDBackpack.h"

during the first compilation, the following error messages are displayed:
Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
/Users/jacques/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_BusIO/Adafruit_I2CDevice.cpp: In member function 'bool Adafruit_I2CDevice::read(uint8_t*, size_t, bool)':
/Users/jacques/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_BusIO/Adafruit_I2CDevice.cpp:160:79: warning: ISO C++ says that these are ambiguous, even though the worst conversion for the first is better than the worst conversion for the second:
   size_t recv = _wire->requestFrom((uint8_t)_addr, (uint8_t)len, (uint8_t)stop);
                                                                               ^
In file included from /Users/jacques/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_BusIO/Adafruit_I2CDevice.h:1:0,
from /Users/jacques/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_BusIO/Adafruit_I2CDevice.cpp:1:
/Users/jacques/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/megaavr/1.8.6/libraries/Wire/src/Wire.h:63:13: note: candidate 1: uint8_t TwoWire::requestFrom(int, int, int)
     uint8_t requestFrom(int, int, int);
             ^~~~~~~~~~~
/Users/jacques/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/megaavr/1.8.6/libraries/Wire/src/Wire.h:61:13: note: candidate 2: virtual uint8_t TwoWire::requestFrom(uint8_t, size_t, bool)
     uint8_t requestFrom(uint8_t, size_t, bool);

A second compilation no longer displays them.

kako47

Re: matrix 8*8 matrix backpack library

by dastels on Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:36 am

It's a warning, not an error; C++ is complaining about some possible casting ambiguity.

It doesn't show up when you recompile, because it reuses the compiled libraries from the first time.

Dave

dastels

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.