Issues with fingerprint sensor 4651 (Grow R503)

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bgdodds

Issues with fingerprint sensor 4651 (Grow R503)

Post by bgdodds »

Hey everyone, I'm having fun with my fingerprint sensor but it seems to be giving me intermittent problems. I have it wired up to the TX/RX pins of an Arduino Nano 33 BLE. I first loaded the enroll example sketch and enrolled two of my fingers. Then I loaded the fingerprint sketch, and it happily chugs away "No finger detected" until I put my finger to the sensor, and then it tells me the confidence it has in my finger, like expected. However, at some random time after boot, sometimes as quickly as a few seconds, but usually about a minute or two later, I get into a "Communication error" state that I can't recover from.

I've resoldered the connections to the sensor several times to make sure it's not that - and I'm using a breakout board for connection so I didn't have to cut off the 6-pin connector.

Applying movement to the wires doesn't seem to affect it at all, it doesn't induce the communication error, nor stop it from happening.

I've re-added the setup code to the Communication error if loop to try to reinitialize the sensor upon error, and it reports that it can't find the sensor.

Do I possibly have a bad sensor? Is it a shortcoming of the 33 BLE? Any ideas? Many thanks!

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Issues with fingerprint sensor 4651 (Grow R503)

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Seems most likely a connection issue at this point. Can you post a photo of your actual setup showing how everything is connected.

hosam

Post by hosam »

hello everyone
I worked on finger print sensor and I want to know if that sensor have sleeping mode or not
and I want to know if there is any special kind of that sensor containing sleeping mode in it

thanks

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

@hosam Please start a new topic for your question.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”