Acrylic + Hardware Kit for Adafruit MagTag a Suggestion

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
colinj

Acrylic + Hardware Kit for Adafruit MagTag a Suggestion

Post by colinj »

Howdy all,

I just got my latest deliveries from Adafruit today and—of course—they are every bit as super awesome as I thought they would be. Because I decided to try my hand at doing some things with the MagTags I picked up (along with the MagTags) two of the Acrylic + Hardware Kit for Adafruit MagTag kits (which are, as I mentioned super awesome). I now have two MagTags up and running. But now I have a problem, I still have some projects for some MagTags and I have two of the acrylic front pieces but no mounting screws/nuts or the nifty backs which would come in real handy for my other MagTag projects. And I would really love to find a use for the left over front plates, I hate to throw something like that away. So, I'm thinking that if the Acrylic + Hardware Kit included an additional back and mounting hardware it would mean that you could use one kit for two MagTags and not have to throw out the extra acrylic front piece.

One of the projects I'm working on is an updatable name tag that can, among other things, allow someone to select and list their pronouns at the touch of a button. The backs that come with the Acrylic + Hardware Kit would be great for attaching a clip, pin, or lanyard. Being able to get the backs with some of the plastic screws would be perfect. Or if you made a vector file for the back that could be used with a laser cutter available for download that would be great as well.

Thats my ¢2 anyway.

Keep doing all of the great things that y'all do! Thanks!

pburgess

Re: Acrylic + Hardware Kit for Adafruit MagTag a Suggestion

Post by pburgess »

Thank you for the suggestions. I’ve added vector files for laser cutting to the guide’s Download page. Please let me know if other/additional file format(s) would be preferable:
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-magtag/downloads

colinj

Re: Acrylic + Hardware Kit for Adafruit MagTag a Suggestion

Post by colinj »

Thank you! Thank you!

That's great!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”