Macro Pad OLED stopped working

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
everly_after

Macro Pad OLED stopped working

Post by everly_after »

Hello,

The OLED on the macro pad I received in the last adabox has stopped functioning. I have "nuked" UF2 file, and reverted back to the original demo code. The board is fully functional with the exception of the OLED. I have inspected the scree for cracks and checked and reseated the ribbon cable (pics below).

It is plugged into an externally powered USB hub and we had some storms knock out the power last week, but nothing else unusual has occurred and it did continue to function after the storms for some time.

I'm happy to replace the screen myself, or connect a new one on the side port if possible, but would need pointed in the right direction on how to accomplish that.
Board Front
Board Front
20210902_150112.jpg (9.33 KiB) Viewed 69 times
OLED closeup
OLED closeup
unknown.png (88.02 KiB) Viewed 69 times
Board Back
Board Back
20210902_150126.jpg (11.44 KiB) Viewed 69 times

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Macro Pad OLED stopped working

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

OK, let's just send you a replacement screen and see if that fixes it. The OLED is held down with double back tape, so should come up with gentle prying. And the ribbon cable goes in that connector, which you may have already checked to test the current OLED.

Send an email to [email protected] with a link to this thread and your order number and they can send you a replacement OLED.

everly_after

Post by everly_after »

Following up on this. Received the replacement screen today and it works. Thanks for the support. This was my first time needing support from Adafruit and you all were so easy to work with. I really appreciate it!

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Yeah! Glad the replacement OLED worked. Thank *you* for your willingness to take on a self repair. Thanks for letting us know it worked out. Nice job and have fun!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”