5V 10A Switching Power Supply has Coil Whine

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Slimy_Nipple

5V 10A Switching Power Supply has Coil Whine

Post by Slimy_Nipple »

Hi, I am getting really bad coil whine right out of the box on a 5V 10A Power Supply used to power a 32x32 LED Matrix. Tried plugging into different wall outlets with and without surge protector and the power supply still has loud coil whine. Not really sure if this counts as being defective or not because it still powers things. It's just really annoying and causes headaches for me to be around. Part of order number #2651548-5338619624

mikeysklar

Re: 5V 10A Switching Power Supply has Coil Whine

Post by mikeysklar »

@Slimy_Nipple,

Would you like to try a replacement unit or would you prefer a refund? I have used this model of 5v / 10A without any whine so I'm hopeful that a replacement could resolve this. When did you place this order?

Slimy_Nipple

Post by Slimy_Nipple »

mikeysklar wrote:@Slimy_Nipple,

Would you like to try a replacement unit or would you prefer a refund? I have used this model of 5v / 10A without any whine so I'm hopeful that a replacement could resolve this. When did you place this order?
Yes I'd like a replacement please. I use the device right next to my bed and its very annoying. Order was placed September 6th, order confirmation No: 2651548-5338619624.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Sure thing. Please send an e-mail to [email protected] requesting a replacement with your order number and link to this forum thread.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”