Bad Hollowing Screen from Adabox009

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Flashno13

Bad Hollowing Screen from Adabox009

Post by Flashno13 »

Hollowing M0 Express Bad Display
AdaWing 800 600 20210923_161442.jpg (67.08 KiB) Viewed 135 times
adawing board 800 600 20210923_161605.jpg (46.55 KiB) Viewed 135 times
adawing board 800 600 20210923_161605.jpg (46.55 KiB) Viewed 135 times
This is my 2nd try at posting a replacement message of my Hollowing M0 Express Product:3900 in my Adabox009. The forum would not accept my photos even though they are 800 x 600. I received this Adabox as a recent gift. The giver has misplaced/lost all info of the purchase. But opening the box yesterday and trying out the Hollowing by plugging in the included battery, the screen was blacked out in the far left bottom corner. The eyeball program runs fine, it is just the display that is faulty. I need a replacement of either the Hollowing or the display. I want to make a Holloween Skull using this key component of the box, so I hope that you can send soon. I see that you have a supply of these. I don't know if you have the tft displays. When the screen fires up, it displays Digikey logo briefly. If the files are not accepted for the 2nd time, I need a way to send via email because I know that works perfectly.
Gary K

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Bad Hollowing Screen from Adabox009

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Can you try running this test sketch and post a photo of what the screen looks like running that:
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-hal ... est-sketch

You don't need to install Arduino. You can download the hallowingtest.UF2 file linked at the bottom of the page. Then double press reset on the Hallowing to get the BOOT folder to show up on your PC and then drag the downloaded UF2 file to that folder. Once copied, it should reset and then run the sketch.

Flashno13

Post by Flashno13 »

Totally not the problem. The sketch runs great. The screen has many bad pixels. Take a closer look and you can see the dead screen in the lower left corner.
I need a replacement screen or hallowing. Please send.
Gary K

adafruit_support_carter

It's hard to make out the issue in the photo above with the eyeball. Can you post another showing the screen running the self test UF2.

Flashno13

Post by Flashno13 »

Your system barely handles 800x600. I am very doubtful it can handle a mpeg. It was frustrating enough to get a 800x600 file to work on your forum. I spent over an hour to get your system to upload! The eyeball moves freely around the screen as it was designed, but it is completely obvious that the left corner is totally blacked out by dead pixels. The only solution is to replace the TFT or Hallowing. Please send.
Gary K

Flashno13

Post by Flashno13 »

Dead Screen
Dead Screen
800 x 600 Dead Screen 20210924_143821.jpg (61.42 KiB) Viewed 122 times
I can only hope and pray that this distorted 800 x 600 jpg will upload. This should make it very obvious that this is a screen problem. Please send a replacement.
Gary K

adafruit_support_carter

OK, yep, can see it now.

AdaBox 009 is about 3 years old at this point. What has the hardware been doing for the last 3 years?

Flashno13

Post by Flashno13 »

I just opened a sealed Adabox009 box that I recently received as a gift. Everything in the box is pristine new condition including the box that it came in. The individual components were either wrapped in bubble wrap, sealed in packages, or in their marked boxes. Even the screen protector was still on the Hallowing. So to suggest that this was "used" equipment is unfounded. I see that you currently sell this Hollowing M0 Express, would I be remiss in concluding that these components are "used" because these were built 3 years ago? I think we can both agree that the only fact is that these were built 3 years ago. To think that these were used would be factually wrong and it would be starting a conspiracy that would be unfounded. I ask others to weigh in on this forum if they feel that I am right about this. So I ask again, please send me either a replacement screen or Hallowing so I can complete my Holloween project.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

hi, normally our replacement window is 30 days. for this one time, we can replace the hallowing, please check that everything else is there.

Flashno13

Post by Flashno13 »

I did a inventory of all the items in the box and it is complete. When can I expect the replacement?
Gary K

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

you can email support@adafruit with a link to this thread

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”