SD card breakout board issues

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ken500

SD card breakout board issues

Post by ken500 »

I purchased this card directly from you several days ago to integrate into a project that I am currently working on. I am building a product using Analog Devices ADuu7024 and ADXL 345. I purchased a development board from AD and used to get familiar with the system. The Development board uses a SD reader as the output of a data logger of the 3 axis accelerometer. What my plan was to separate the development into three circuits, 1. Is the target product using the 7024 and the 345, the second is a programmer which can be used to program chips for production and the third is a SD card module to use for debugging the code and troubleshooting. The Product board seems to work fine after I program it with my programmer, however I cannot run the example code because the SD card writer is not recognized by the software. I have tried everything I can think of but no success. I asked AD support to look at it but they are not much interested since it works on their car. I have found some discrepancies on the AD card in the area of CD which result in the CD1 and CD2 being held to ground because they are soldered to the shield. This does not seem to bother AD but it is hard from me to know what effect it has on your card. BTW the actual card reader module hardware was made by 3M I tell you this because this device is no longer available it mattered.

So I am in desperate need of help, have two of my boards built and they exhibit the same condition the SD card is not found. I also have a debugger going that points directly to a failure to initialize the SD file. I am enclosing a picture of the set up my schematic and my hand drawing of the interface to the AD board which I traced out both on the board and the layout drawings.

I am hoping that with your experience you can suggest where I go next. We have even swapped out the IC’s with the AD board. (I bought an extra to cannibalize). I would suspect some kind of interface problems but the 7024 switches to SPI in firmware to write to the SD cand and the firmware has not changed. \

Please see what you can do?

Kenneth C. Campbell
Attachments
Picture1.jpg
Picture1.jpg (34.95 KiB) Viewed 56 times
scan.pdf
Donner board interface
(839.27 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
scan0131.pdf
My Board Interface
(346.29 KiB) Downloaded 1 time

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”