Need Battery Replacement

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
PVPrints

Need Battery Replacement

Post by PVPrints »

Hi there. I have an issue with a battery that was sent. It seems to be shorting. Could you please send a replacement?

Order 2672157

It’s the 2000mah battery . I just need a replacement sent. This one is defective and sends a little electrical shock into my arm when being used in a gauntlet. Like a 9v battery on a tongue. It works the Featherboard Im using but I dont want it to catch fire.

The last email I sent, they told me to go to the forums.

Thanks again for your time.
Victor Iglesias

PVPrints

Re: Need Battery Replacement

Post by PVPrints »

Please inquire, This is a time sensitive issue :(

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Can you tell me when you purchased the battery and post a picture of the damage? The battery should not affect you if it is properly working so I'm wondering where you are getting the sensation.

PVPrints

Post by PVPrints »

Order 2672157
Wed, Oct 6, 7:30 AM (13 days ago)

This is how long I've been looking for support.

And thats the thing, I dont see any damage. I have it in my gauntlet powering a featherboard and its used to power a LCD screen.
When I wear the gauntlet I can feel the "Charge" in my arm. Similar to a 9v. I tested it with my other battery from my order and it was fine. I believe this battery is just defective. Can you send a replacement? I have to finish this build for a customer.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Can you post a picture of the battery? And the gauntlet.

PVPrints

Post by PVPrints »

I cannot. The file upload limit here doesnt allow me to. Where can I send the pics to an email?

PVPrints

Post by PVPrints »

Had to do all this extra work to get this to you guys. Not sure whats going on with it but the pictures dont show it.
Also, I was wrong. Its the 1200mah battery from my order. The 2000mah is fine.
battery1.jpg
battery1.jpg (759.64 KiB) Viewed 143 times
battery2.jpg
battery2.jpg (884.64 KiB) Viewed 143 times
Gauntlet.jpg
Gauntlet.jpg (801.62 KiB) Viewed 143 times

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

you can try covering the battery with worbla or gaff tape to protect it - the packet is non conductive but you dont want it against your skin anyways

PVPrints

Post by PVPrints »

No, thank you but, I don't want to have to do extra work to prevent that issue. The other battery doesn't give a shock like this one. So its not just a covering. I have the foam there for that.
Please just send a replacement. I'm not going to send something with a potential future fire hazard to a customer. Unless you guys are willing to take the full liability and responsibility if it does?

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

you can email support@adafruit for a replacement, however - the cover of the battery is nonconductive (coated in plastic)

if you're concerned about fire hazards, please do not use lipoly batteries - they are for expert use only! we strongly recommend AAA batteries for all wearables!

PVPrints

Post by PVPrints »

They will not process the replacement through that email. I messaged them twice and they both said to come here for the authorization for a replacement. What info do I need to give them to authorize this?

Also, I've been building with electronics for 23+ years. I don't lack the experience :-p. In my experience I know this battery is just somehow grounding to the case. I wouldn't have messaged you guys otherwise, if I trusted it would be safe with a cover, to get a replacement. I've used your batteries in hundreds of builds and the quality is amazing. This one is just giving problems. Always a few bad ones in a giant batch of batteries.

Anyway, Thanks for the support! I will of course continue using you guys for everything, I just need this replaced :)

Please advise

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

If you include this thread they will help you, try it.

PVPrints

Post by PVPrints »

Got it processed. Thank you guys! Sorry about my frustration, I needed it fast for a customer before halloween :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”