NeoTrellis 4x4 Keyboard unprogrammed ATSAMD09

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ChristianLilienthal

NeoTrellis 4x4 Keyboard unprogrammed ATSAMD09

Post by ChristianLilienthal »

Hi there!
It seems got a NeoTrellis 4x4 keyboard wich came bare metal missing the ATSAMD09 firmware. Could vou please provide
me with the ATSAMD09D14A-MU firmware? I would try to program using Atmel Studio and AVR ICE.

My investigations:
I did a I2C scan uing scanner library of Luis Llamas (www.luisllamas.es). Scan reports: No I2C devices found

Wiring to a Arduino Nano seems to be OK. I used the 4pin JHC terminal. I did a signal measurement by oscillsocope. ATSAMD09 is well supplied by 3,3V. SDA, SCL signals are down converted to 3,3V amplitude and correctly fed to the dedicated pins of the ATSAMD09. Signals are valid at the 5-pin edge connector (GND, 3,3V, SDA, SCL).

I found out that the address lines A0...A4 seems to be high-Z missing an internal pull-up resistance each. Due to that, I guess the ATSAMD09 is unprogrammed - there is no life sign in any case.

Best regards, Christian

danhalbert

Re: NeoTrellis 4x4 Keyboard unprogrammed ATSAMD09

Post by danhalbert »

The firmware on the keyboard is a variant of the "seesaw" software here: https://github.com/adafruit/seesaw. The build is for the "RGBTrellis" board.

The way it gets on the board in the factory is somewhat complicated, and we don't have a .bin file for you. It's compiled into a tester program that runs on a test jig. It loads the firmware and then runs tests.

If you just want this to work, we can authorize a replacement. Send an email to [email protected] with your order number and a pointer to this thread, and say that a replacement has been authorized.

adafruit2

Re: NeoTrellis 4x4 Keyboard unprogrammed ATSAMD09

Post by adafruit2 »

chris, do you still have the bag the neotrellis came in? if so can ya post a picture of the label? it has a WO number on it we can use to trace what happened.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”