Nano Printer Language Issues

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
AOtter0

Nano Printer Language Issues

Post by AOtter0 »

I'm attempting to get a baseline for setup for my Nano Printer and follow the instructions to print a test page but cannot seem to get a clean test print.

I'm working with an Elegoo Uno R3 and a Nano Printer on a Windows machine and, after playing with the BAUDRATE in the printertest sketch and in the .h file, I cannot seem to get a completely replicable result. (See test print images.)

Use case info:
I would eventually (soon) like to use a series of inputs from a suite of sensors to create a custom receipt for a period of time. A sample use case would be a person starts an interaction by pressing a button, interacts with the sensor suite for maybe 30 seconds, and after that point, a receipt is printed with a procedurally generated poem (or something) based on the kinds of interactions and records from the sensors.

Thank you!
Attachments
Test Prints
Test Prints
IMG_3369.jpg (912.04 KiB) Viewed 213 times

mikeysklar

Re: Nano Printer Language Issues

Post by mikeysklar »

What is your power supply setup for this printer?

AOtter0

Post by AOtter0 »

I am using the standard included AC adapter the came with the printer. Other power sources didn't provide enough power for the printer to run paper.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Did you purchase this printer from us? If so what is the product# or link? We do sell a nano thermal printer, but it does not include a power supply. The mini thermal does.

AOtter0

Post by AOtter0 »

We did; the power supply may have been for the mini thermal printer. See below the URLs for the items purchased; the items were purchased by my professor for the course, and I suspect that he followed the product page's recommendation for power supply. Other identfying information for the printer would be C4100-002, P2752B, 2021-07-06.

https://www.adafruit.com/product/2752
https://www.adafruit.com/product/368
https://www.adafruit.com/product/276

tdubb13

Post by tdubb13 »

If you are getting garbage in your thermal prints.

Use the command line "raspi-config" to disable the serial interface, reboot.
use the command line "raspi-config" to enable the serial interface, when asked if you want to enable shell access answer "NO" and then answer "YES" to serial port hardware to be enabled.

When you use the gui version of raspi-config it enables both causing the garbage issue.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

@tdubb13,

Thank you for sharing this raspi-config serial toggle with shell disable and hardware flow. I had not seen that option before.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”