PyPorta; Titano

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
robhafernik

PyPorta; Titano

Post by robhafernik »

Can someone please post a link to an I2C to Qwiic cable for this board? I tried a Grove to Qwiic cable and it didn't work. I'm connecting to an SHT40 sensor.

dastels

Re: PyPorta; Titano

Post by dastels »

I2C is a bus specification, not a connector. But I assume you mean the 4-pin JST that's used for I2C on the Pyportal Titano (aka a STEMMA connecor). You want a cable to go from that to a STEMMA-QT? If so, this is probably what you want: https://www.adafruit.com/product/4424.

Dave

robhafernik

Post by robhafernik »

Yes, that's what I meant. Thanks. i ordered it.

In other news, I having trouble with a simple example from the lib bundle.

I'm trying to run the circuit playground_neopixel_0_1.py example. I copied the adafruit_circuitplayground folder from the download to the lib folder on the Titano (since that example imports adafruit_circuitplayground). I copy the example python and paste it to code.py on the board. The board resets and give me this error: import error: no module named 'adafruit_circuitplayground.cp'

I'm sure I'm doing something foolish. Please tell me what it is.

Thanks,

~rob

dastels

Post by dastels »

Short explaination: You aren't running on a CircuitPlayground so using the CircuitPlayground support library makes no sense.

Full explanation: When the circuitplayground module is imported it imports a submodule (for the express or bluefruit) and renames it cp, based on the processor: a SAMD21 or nRF52840. Since the Titano uses a SAMD51 neither submodule is imported, and so cp is undefined. When it's referenced, the resulting error is raised.

Also, Posting the entire error backtrace is helpful, just the error message looses all the context.

Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”