SCD-30 Issues

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
builder614

SCD-30 Issues

Post by builder614 »

I have 1 SCD-30 sensor. It is wired according to the online documentation. It is running and returning data. My understanding is that this sensor includes the SHT31 to provide temp and humidity.

My problem is similar to a 2009 post from "lacibaci", where poster says "returning higher than expected temperature (about +5F) and lower than expected humidity" in the first post and "As far as humidity, the first SHT31-D reads about -10%", later in the sequence of posts.

The above referenced post is as follows...
"SHT31-D High temperature, low humidity
by lacibaci on Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:58 pm "

My SCD-30 is reporting about 5F above my temperature reference instrument and about 10% below my humidity reference.
My reference devices are remote sensors for my Ambient weather station. I have 3 of these sensors and they are in agreement regarding temp & humidity, within their tolerance.

Is my sensor faulty? I need to build 3 of these IoT sensors for my home automation, but I need to know that they are accurate and reliable.

Please help, TIA.

adafruit_support_carter

Re: SCD-30 Issues

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

My understanding is that this sensor includes the SHT31 to provide temp and humidity.
Is this documented somewhere?

builder614

Post by builder614 »

By "this" I am assuming you are referring to the following.... correct me if I got it wrong, plz.

At this link https://www.adafruit.com/product/4867, 3rd paragraph of description...

"Another nice element to this sensor is it comes with an SHT31 temperature and humidity sensor already built-in. The sensor is used to compensate the NDIR CO2 sensor, but it's also readable, so you get full environmental data."

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Yep, that. Knew this was somewhere, just took a while to find. It's buried in this app note:
https://www.sensirion.com/fileadmin/use ... nes_D1.pdf
scd30.jpg
scd30.jpg (64.16 KiB) Viewed 64 times
How co-located are the various sensors? In general, the amount of variation you are seeing could be sensor-to-sensor variability. Even if located very near each other, sensor self heating, etc. could account for some variance.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”