eTape 12" Slow to Respond

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
martindj56

eTape 12" Slow to Respond

Post by martindj56 »

Hello, I have the 12" Standard eTape with Casing I recently purchased (item 2656). While testing the resistance (across red and white wires) with my voltmeter I'm not getting consistent results. Dry the resistance is 2k and as I put it into water it drops down to 600ohms or so. But pulling it back out of the water it just sits at like 1k for 30seconds and then eventually gets back to 2k. I wonder if it's defective. Not knowing what the water level is for 30seconds seems crazy to me and definitely won't work for my use case. I've never exceeded the max depth.

I'm wondering if there's more to test, how this compares to other examples of this product, or if this implies the unit is defective.

Thanks!
Jonathan

dlleigh

Re: eTape 12" Slow to Respond

Post by dlleigh »

Sorry, I can't help you with the eTape, but let me suggest using a capacitive solution for fluid level measurement. It is quick, low power and can be quite robust if done correctly.

martindj56

Post by martindj56 »

Thanks, I appreciate that suggestion!

I forgot to include my order number if a return ends up being authorized: 2751119-4328764220 (order placed 1/4/2022.)

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

it doesnt sound right but also we know this is an unusual 'analog' sensor - can you try asking the inventor and designer https://milonetech.com/contact what they think of your setup? it could be that it's OK or something in your setup needs to be tweaked :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”